Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day One


Objective: Good readers know their interests so they can choose appealing books.

Procedures: 
   Interest inventory conversation
   Read choice book with student

Sam and I read a book today after getting to know each other. He did a great job questioning, asking me things about the story or asking me what certain words meant, which was great to see. From my past experiences, students struggle with questioning. His fluency was a little slow and choppy and he had a hard time retelling me the story. I plan on stopping throughout the story more frequently next time and retell the story together.

I had a great time getting to know Sam and reading with him today. He is a very polite and outgoing student. I had no trouble asking questions and getting him to open up. He had great stories to tell and was ready to get to work. I am planning on doing a reading attitude survey and a spelling inventory with Sam next session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment